- Good-size open-plan kitchen, equipped for most culinary activities.
- Ancient inglenook oven feature
- Living room with exposed timbers
- Log burner (one basket of logs included)
- Sofa and easy chairs
- Bathroom with shower and toilet
- Bedroom 3 with single bed
- Good wifi broadband, satellite TV, DVD
- Accessible from main part of house and via separate entrance door
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer, ironing boad/iron
- Boot dryer
- Dog bed
- Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed and lovely views over the Vale of Montgomery
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds, can be rearranged as kingsize double on request
- Main bathroom with toilet, bath and shower over bath
- Summerhouse/log cabin with comfy conservatory furniture and lovely views
- Cottage garden to front
- Lawn garden to side
- Space for two cars on gravelled area opposite cottage, adjacent to lawn with summerhouse
- Oil-fired central heating
- Wood-burning stove
- Modern insulation in floor and in walls
- Canine friends are very welcome - but we ask you to ensure, as far as you can, to respect a few requests
- We try to keep a couple of dog beds, bowls and some dog food in the utility: please help yourself
- Pets often get wet and dirty in the countryside. We would be grateful if you could let them into the house through the left hand entrance and clean them up in the utility room
- Please keep your pets downstairs and away from furniture, as many children and some allergy sufferers stay at the cottage. We would appreciate your extra help in cleaning up after your dogs if they foul external areas.
- Wild animals - rabbits, badgers and foxes - occasionally cross the gardens. You may be lucky enough to see them. So please keep your dogs under control in case they are tempted to give chase.
- Similarly, please be careful when crossing fields where sheep, lambs or other farm animals are grazing: best keep dogs on a lead in such situations.
- Thank you for your help and understanding.
- We find there is good 4G mobile reception at the cottage and visitors have not reported problems with getting a signal.
- The cottage is situated off a quiet single track lane. It is possible to park off the road opposite the front gate and there is also parking for two cars off road around 15-20 yards from the house.
- There is a slight slope to the front gate and on entering the cottage there is one three inch step down into the main kitchen and living room. It is alternatively possible to access the house, by the separate utility room entrance, where there is no step.
- Once in the cottage, the ground floor is one level throughout comprising an open-plan kitchen, living room, a single bedroom with a full-size single bed, shower room with basin and WC, and the utility room.
- The modern oak staircase is straight, having 11 steps of standard depth (approx 7”) and a single banister. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms and a bathroom, so designed that it can be used as an en-suite for one bedroom if desired.
- The door widths are between 700 - 800mm. Door handles area at approx 1400mm.
- Walls are a pale neutral colour, original beams are all painted black with oak stain woodwork, or white painted window frames elsewhere.
- A phone can be provided by arrangement. Electric power points, except for those on the kitchen work surface, are at approx 450mm and light switches 1400mm.
- The garden alongside the cottage is accessed by a short slight slope. The second garden across the lane is accessed over a gravel parking area, to a secluded summer house that has a 3” step at its entrance.
- The ground floor is suitable for the less-able, walking frame users or the partially infirm, but the cottage is less convenient for those confined to a wheelchair at all times.
- The upstairs bath has safety handles.